Sunday, August 21, 2005

If at first you don't succeed ...

Adult day is history. I've hired a couple for in-home care. No more sitting around watching a game of balloon volley ball or interacting with staring strangers. He'll stay home, do what he wants: work at his desk, read, listen to music, think, get out the telescope, feed the dog, sit on the porch, peruse the roof tops and when it's clear as it has been, bask in the rays of The Mountain, nurturing, watchful mountain, Mama and Papa Ranier, hovering ....

1 comment:

Radish King said...

Esther, Darling, my love to you and Abe and Butchie and all. Reading these entries makes me ache. I want to come over and pick you both up and take you to the ocean. And I think these entries, about Abe, are your strongest and most fascinating writing yet.

Love,
Rebecca