Friday, July 29, 2005

What Robert Frost Poem Are you?

Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-Robert Frost

*
And therefore, Quizilla says:

You know where you're going, and you know how to
get there. You set goals in life, and you're
determined to meet them. But you know how to
make the most of your time, and in little
things, you take lots of enjoyment. Stop by
those snowy woods every once in a while to take
a break, and don't worry- you'll make those
miles before you sleep.


What Robert Frost poem are you?
brought to you by Quizilla


This was the first poem I memorized and recited in college English 101, Towson State Teachers College, Towson, Md., 1961. Thanks to Quizilla for reminding me.

No comments: