Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Back to Blogging

I didn't go to see Abe tonight or last night. Seeing him right after the Alzheimer's Grief group, as I did Monday, is not a good idea. Wipes me out. I don't know these things until I try them.

Reading Pauline Boss's, Ambiguous Loss was helpful. Now I'm trying Shenk's book again. Sometimes when reading AD literature I think there are no old people with memory left, but then the sound of Daniel Schorr's voice on NPR and I feel safe again.

What about Obama! I can hear Earl Robinson singing Proud to Be An American at Mother's 90th birthday party.

And Hillary. What a force she is. Congratulations to both of them, but I want to do battle with McCain already.

4 comments:

Peter said...

Yay Obama! Yay Hillary! I think they would make an unbeatable ticket *together* don't you?

Esther Altshul Helfgott said...

omg, I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear about their meeting. I bet they're in there crying together.

I think they'd be great if Bill would stay out of their hair... He needs to step way back.

rilera said...

I too forget that there are old people who don't have memory loss. I feel consumed by Alzheimer's most of the time.

Esther Altshul Helfgott said...

I'm trying hard not to be, but haven't figured out how to do it yet. I just came back from the dog park, saw lots of gray-haired couples, baby boomers, & was hoping they'd get to grow old together, be there, say, in 20 years.