Tuesday, December 02, 2014
- Name: Esther Altshul Helfgott
- Location: Seattle, WA, United States
I am a writer/poet, as well as an organizer with Phoebe Bosche and Leszek Chudzinski for Poets Against Hate, a multi-ethnic event that occurs in various venues.25 years ago I founded the It's About Time Reading series which is still happening. It is my hope that Poets Against Hate lasts as long, in written and spoken forms. My most recent book is Listening to Mozart: Poems of Alzheimer's (Cave Moon Press, 2014); it follows Dear Alzheimer's: A Caregiver's Diary & Poems (Cave Moon Press, 2013) and The Homeless One: A Poem in Many Voices (Kota Press, 2000) For a list of publications on Seattle psychoanalytic history and other subjects, please visit my website at www.estherhelfgott.com.
- Writing Process Blog Tour: The Four Questions
- From Jew to Jew: Dear Sharon
- Writing to Heal
- "Dear Alzheimer's: A Caregiver's Diary & Poems" Pu...
- PoMo2013 - Poem 26 - Nikky Finney
- PoMo2013 - Poem 25 - "Accident"
- PoMo2013 - poem 24 - "To the Aspiring Poet"
- PoMo2013 - Poem 23- "Fifth Grade"
- PoMo2013- poem 22 - A Woman Is
- PoMo2013 Worth It - poem 21
- Alzheimer Association
- Alzheimer Foundation
- Living in Minnesota
- Memory Bridge, Pinsky
- National Family Caregiver Assoc
- Agodon's Book of Kels
- American Masters on PBS
- Chicago Poetry
- Cleer Creek Girl
- Critical Mass
- It's About Time Writers
- Esther's Writing Works
- Ted Kooser
- National Writers Union
- The Page
- PEN American Center
- Peggy in Ballard
- PEN International
- Poetry International
- Publisher's Weekly
- Virtual World
"And the day came when the risk it took
to remain tight inside the bud
was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
- Anais Nin